On Monday the 16th of November we got a taxi to York train station to get the 10:03 train to London King's Cross when we got there and had meet with Emma and Lisa who had come over on the bus from Acomb we realised that we did'nt have the tickets to mmma so Lisa rang Laura at home to ask if she could bring them over to the  train staion. Foutly she said yes  and she manged to get them to  the staion before the train  left the staion.  Once we got to London we took a taxi to the Royal National hotel where we were staying. Once we checked in we sorted out where we would be sleeping and unpacked me and Emma were in the double room with Lisa and Simone in the room next door we went for a look around and a bite to eat.

When we got back we sat down in Lisa's and Simone's room and talked about what we were going to do the next day since Emma wanted to go to the zoo, but since I had already been there I didn't want to go there again. Once we had decided what we were going to do the next day we got ready for going to see MAMA MIA we went out for tea at Bella Italia and went to the Theatre. At half time Lisa asked Emma and I if we wanted a ice cream I said yes but Emma said that she was fine thank you ter the show which was good we got a taxi back to the hotel as it was raining . Once back at the hotel we got a drink from the vending manchine in the lobby and went up stairs to bed. On Tuesday the 17th of November we had breakfast and got ready to go and do some sight seeing once we had argued that Lisa and Simone would ring each other once we had finished so that we could arrange to meet up. After an hours walk and me changing my mind again since didn't want to go on the underground because of the steps we arrived at the London Aquarium where I wanted to go in the frist place. Afterwards we went for a drink in Cafe Nero and went to get an other bag since the paper one was splitting in the rain. We meet up with Lisa and Emma in Covent Gardens where they had a big Christmas tree up and lights everywhere. We walked down the Mall and Emma and I  had our photos taken outside the gates of the place near to where Lisa, Simone and I had stood to watch Prince William and Kate Middleton drive past on the day of their wedding up to the reception four years earlier. Then we went for tea at the Hard Rock cafe.

When we got back to the hotel we went straight to bed since we were tired from all the walking. On Wednesday the 18th of  November we had  breakfast and went up stairs to re pack since we were geting the 16.50 trian home  to York  we went shopping in Oxford Circus since Emma and I had said that that's were we wanted to do. We looked in Primark for a new purse since Simone had said that I could do with one, but there wasn't one there that was suitable, so we looked in Debenhams.

We had lunch at the Strand restaurant and had quite a big lunch since we didn't know what time we would be getting back to York. When we got back to the hotel we collected our luggage from the holding place, and sat for half an hour, since it was too early to go for the train. At 3.55pm we went to get a taxi to the station, we stood for ten minutes whilst Lisa and Simone tried to decide what place would be best to get the taxi from. We walked down towards the British musem and got a taxi there. When we got to the train station it said on the board that some trains might be delayed due to there being leaves on the line. We looked at the board and there was no platform number for the trian that we were booked on, so Lisa spoke to the information lady and she said that we could get on any train that went to York. So we looked, and both the trains to Edinburgh and Newcaslte were going to York, but both were delayed. Lisa said to Simone, 'Imagine what we would do if they were cancelled until tomorrow'. Just as we were going to get a drink an announcement came over the station tannoy, the next train at platform four is the 5.00 train to Edinburgh calling at York etc etc etc, so we ran to platform four and got on the train to Edinburgh.

When we got back to York we walked over the bridge and down the stairs to the taxi rank, Lisa and Emma said good bye and got a separate taxi to us.  I  told the taxi driver where we had been, and he said that he and his wife were off to London the following week to see his son who lives there.  When we got back home I paid the taxi driver and went into the house where I put on a load of washing and unpacked before going for a hot bath!


Our website is protected by DMC Firewall!